Family

Family

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Quietness and Trust.

Not long after Jim left this last time, I met with some friends, one of them said this to me as we were praying, "I would find healing through repentance and rest, quietness and trust is your strength".

It resonated with me, we talked more about how I quickly things had developed (although my thoughts at the time they were developing were along the lines of "I WAITED 10 YEARS FOR THIS, QUICKLY ISN'T REALLY WHAT I WAS FEELING!")

Her wise advice was that there was too much, too fast, and we were not prepared, social media and public appearance were too quick, in her opinion.  And she was right.

At the time it was like a perfect storm though, things happened, and then there was this brick wall I slammed into where God said, "Okay, this is stopping now."

Because, He won't give me more than I can handle, and He won't let me settle.  And he knows my personality and He knows Jim's, and He knows best.

So, last week I was in a little shop downtown Decatur, and there was a canvas photo that had the verse on it, "Quietness and Trust are your strength".  And I confess, I didn't even put it together or realize that what was quoted to me earlier and I wrote down, and had been taking to heart, was Scripture.

It's in Isaiah 30:15 & 16...
“In repentance and rest is your salvation,    in quietness and trust is your strength,    but you would have none of it. 
You said, ‘No, we will flee on horses.’    Therefore you will flee!You said, ‘We will ride off on swift horses.’    Therefore your pursuers will be swift!
It was good for me to see it in the Scripture, good for me to see it in context.  Because, when God told them that their Strength is going to come from their quietness & trust, they said, "No."  They had their own ideas of what needed to happen.  Actions to take and plans to play out.

And they failed.  Because that's what happens when we decide we know better and we take matters into our own hands.  We fail.

Oh how I want to walk this thing called life out God's way.  How I want to rest in His plans.

But, I can sit here feeling like my life is being wasted.  The enemy will tell me I am wasting my life.  That I should do something more.  Somehow make something happen for myself.  And it's a temptation.

Oh, Lord, give me the grace to walk out Your plans for my life.  To pray, to wait, to hear Your voice.  To have a quiet heart and trust You with my life and the lives of my family... because that is my strength.

In His Grip,

Pam

3 comments:

  1. Continuing to hold you up in prayer!
    Love-Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful post... still praying.. Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful but hard truth! Love & prayers.

    ReplyDelete